Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Your Hands

Hello all,

I have quite a bit of weight on my shoulders today. Weight and worry.
Yes, I know. My last blog was all mighty and I made myself out to sound like I wasn't going to worry about the future. But I failed at that.
I'm sure when I ask this, many of you will nod wildly at your computer screen (or so I hope..)
But..
Do you ever feel like you aren't where you're supposed to be? Or you question if you should be somewhere else?
*que wild head nod*
This week has been such a challenge for me. And while many students would drop out of their major, I had the opposite reaction. I want to keep going. I want to do more. I LOVE MY MAJOR. Yes, it is the worlds biggest pain when I can't decipher a minor 6th to a major 3rd. But I know that at some point it will come naturally to me.
I sing. That is what I do. God gave me a gift to sing and that's all I want to do for the rest of my life. Whether it be singing on a huge stage on Broadway, or on a low budget stage for a community somewhere. I want to use my gift that God granted me.
However.
What if I'm supposed to be somewhere else using my gift? Some place bigger? A different school? Or what if my gift entails me to do music ministry? I know I don't have all the answers and nor should I right now. I have just been feeling very curious lately. And no matter how hard I pray and ask God to lead me, I feel stumped.
Typical Kal.
The bible verse "Be still and know I am God" keeps running through my head as I type this. But I still find it a struggle for me to just let go. I guess that's the issue we deal with as humans.
I hope those of you who are going through this same feeling find your answer. I'll pray you do.
Just know that at the end of the day, God isn't going to lead us astray. I have a hard time remembering that myself. But I know it's true.

Psalm 23.
KJ

1 comment:

  1. ive def had these thoughts off and on and we just have to know God has us where we are at for a reason :) -- one of my favorites when im stressed - 1 Peter 5:6-7
    Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

    ReplyDelete