Tuesday, November 23, 2010

C.S. Lewis Song


Hello once again.
(Note the title: If you haven't heard it yet, I HIGHLY suggest you go to youtube, type the title in and the author is Brooke Fraser. You will not be let down. I promise.)

I'm fully aware that I have a huge procrastination problem so no need to remind me! I apologize to those of you who actually read this that I'm so behind. Music majors, I've realized, have no life! But you get what you get haha.
Alright. I'm going to go a little out of order of my list I made last time. I know, I know. I'm a mess. But at least I've found time to write anything at all right? Right. So with that being said, I'd like to address the topic of friends. One of the greatest, and sometimes worst, things life could hand us in college.

First semester of college for me wasn't a huge adjustment. I knew people at the University before I even got there so I already had connections. Lucky me right? I made the BEST of friends with a small group of people from my show choir and was under the impression for months that I'd never ever find better friends. While that may hold true for most of them, I've found that college can either make or break you when it comes to friends. Now I'm not saying I have bad friends by ANY means so if you're my friend and reading this, stop pouting because that isn't what I'm saying! What I'm saying is, college has a way of smacking you in the face. Rather than lean on God during the first year of college, most students lean on friends to get them through. Now while that may be semi true, friends aren't supposed to be our everything. God is. We are given friends to help us along the way and keep us in line. And as I've found, the majority of my fabulous friends have done so for me.
I suppose this blog is a little out there and probably isn't make the most sense right now. But I guess what I'm trying to say is, is that God has really, I mean REALLY, opened up my eyes this year.
My parents' divorce has led me in some pretty sticky situations and it's been God that's led me out of them. Not only them, but my friends who are there who keep me in check. I know I would be lost without my friends by my side telling me "Hey it's okay Kal. You're living". And they are right. I am living. It may be pouring but, right now rather than looking at the flood, I'm watching each drop fall into it's place because I know at some point, the rain will stop and there will be beauty.
Okay so I know it's corny but that seems to be the only thing that make sense right now :)

And as a side note, God puts people into our lives to teach us lessons. I've learned many so far. And to be quite honest, I'm a little scared about what else is going to teach me. These lessons aren't always the happiest. But I know I'm growing. I hope you all are growing just as much in your life. If not, let me know. I'm all about ears these days. Ear training will be the death of me this semester!!!

With love
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment